We consider environmental protection as an inherent part of our business, and we minimise our impact on nature by using resource-saving technologies and by strictly adhering to legal requirements and standards for protecting the environment.
Our environmental protection plan reduces our environmental footprint and, wherever possible, prevents a negative impact on the environment.
Environmental protection measures
Our latest and planned “green” measures include, among others:
- Prompt payouts for negative impacts on the environment.
- Establishing of limits on emissions and on waste generated at company headquarters.
- Using emissions-cleaning equipment such as filter units, dry filters and bag filters, and air-purification systems in metalworking.
- To reduce water usage and wastage: company branches are being equipped to control the quality of wastewater and sewage.
- To recycle hazardous waste: agreements have been put in place with specialist companies that have licenses to remove and recycle mercury tubes, domestic waste, scrap metal and oily rags.
- Solid waste is collected and stored in sealed units under SanPin 220.127.116.112-03, “Hygiene Requirements for Safe Storage of Production and Consumption Waste”.
We systematically work to save energy and increase energy efficiency. In addition to carrying out mandatory audits of energy usage, we conduct regular checks of energy supply and all facilities are equipped with energy meters.
The company has approved a plan to meet target consumption of key fuel and energy resources, in accordance with the Russian Energy Strategy to 2030.
Fuel and energy savings have been achieved by implementing energy-saving measures and wider use of energy-efficient technologies and equipment, such as:
- introducing a fuel-conservation system using a heat pump to heat the premises,therefore reducing electricity consumption;
- use of energy-saving lighting units;
- optimisation of loading and unloading procedures using gantry cranes and loaders;
- optimising road routes to reduce distance travelled.