Our charitable activities aim to improve people’s quality of life and to help the vulnerable sections of society.
In its charity activities The Company is guided by its Statement on charitable activities of PJSC TransContainer (see more at Bylaws). The core principles of the company’s charitable work are:
- charity projects that are long-term in nature;
- transparency in the provision of charitable assistance;
- targeted orientation in the nature of charitable activities;
- openness in collaboration with federal and state bodies, business and charities/NGOs;
- control over the targeted use of the Company’s funds to provide charitable assistance.
Aimed at achieving higher level of life in the regions of its presence the Company pursues the following priority areas in its charitable work:
- help for children, maternity and strengthening of the role of family in society;
- social support of disadvantaged population, social rehabilitation of people with disabilities, support of people suffering from accidents and other;
- support and promotion of sport activities and healthy lifestyles;
- contribution into development of education, science, culture, arts as well as intellectual and spiritual development of each person and input in preserving Russia’s cultural heritage;
- support of local charity programs with the Russia wide spread
Charity in 2014
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during the 9 months of 2014:
- Donation of RUB 0.95 million to the Illustrated Books for Little Blind Children Foundation;
- Providing assistance to employees and retirees of the railway industry, including war and labor veterans in amount of RUB 12.47 million;
- Charity donation of RUB 0,14 million to Voronezh regional rehabilitation center for disabled children and teen-agers "Parus Nadezhdy";
- Charity donation of RUB 0,3 million to the Cultural Foundation "Musical quartal" on annual Moscow International Paramusical Festival;
- Charity donation of RUB 0,49 million to the Children's tuberculosis sanatorium in Malakhovka (Moscow region);
- Charity donation of RUB 20,0 million to non-state educational institute Center of Sport and Education "Locomotive".
Charity in 2013
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during 2013:
- Donation of RUB 0.87 million to the chapel of great martyr Panteleimon near the Letny sad;
- Providing assistance of RUB 1 million to the State budgetary educational institution of Moscow – Children’s garden #1708 for children with articulation disorders;
- Donation of RUB 1.14 million to the charity fund Be Human for medical rehabilitation of children;
- Donation of RUB 95 million to Transsoyuz Rail Transport Promotion Charitable Foundation for the implementation of the Book of Good Deeds charity programme;
- Donation of RUB 0.5 million to the charity fund National Glory of Russia for the Russia-wide campaign ‘Fathers of Russia for the multi-child family”;
- Support of Locomotive Hockey Club in Yaroslavl for younger hockey players with a donation of RUB 10 million;
- Sponsoring the Moscow Paramusical Festival worth RUB 0.3 million;
- Assisting with the transportation of a wooden temple from the Novgorod Region to the Russkoe Ustie village in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) worth RUB 0.15 million.
Charity in 2012
The Company donated 140.9 million rubles to charitable spending in 2012. Key charitable contributions in 2012 were:
- Publishing illustrated books for blind children worth RUB 0.3 million;
- Building a multi-sport playground for Saltykovsky Orphanage with a donation of RUB 0.6 million;
- Buying holiday camp vouchers for children of deceased militarymen worth RUB 0.2 million;
- Providing assistance to Krymsk flood victims,including the purchase of a bus for the Krymsk Children’s Centre with a donation of RUB 2.9 million and donation of 100 medium-duty containers;
- Purchasing special equipment for Beryozka home for mentally-challenged children in Sergiyev Posad worth RUB 1.7 million;
- Purchasing medical equipment for Malakhovka Children’s Tuberculosis Sanatorium worth RUB 0.3 million;
- Providing assistance to the Transsoyuz Charity Foundation as part of the Book of Good Deeds programme with a donation of RUB 87 million;
- Sponsoring the Moscow Paramusical Festival with RUB 0.3 million sponsorship;
- Helping Locomotive Hockey Club in Yaroslavl support younger hockey players with a donation of RUB 30 million;
- Purchasing medical supplies for the Podsolnukh Charity Foundation for Children with Immune Disorders worth RUB 0.5 million;
- Purchasing medical supplies for the Romashka Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation with a donation of RUB 4 million;
- Providing assistance to Company employees, their family members, and retired employees with a donation of RUB 5.6 million;
- Providing assistance to the Spread Your Wings Charity Foundation in the arrangement of Christmas festivities for orphaned children worth RUB 4 million.
Charity in 2011
The Company spent RUB 20.9 million on charity programmes in 2011 and completed the following charity initiatives:
- Provided assistance worth RUB 1.2 million to the State Historical Museum for restoration of icons at the Moscow Kremlin Cathedral of Intercession;
- Provided RUB 1.3 million to the Give Life Charity Fund for treatment of children’s cancer;
- Allocated RUB 2.6 million for treatment of children suffering from serious illnesses;
- Bought medical equipment worth RUB 0.6 million for Malakhovsky Children’s Tuberculosis Sanatorium;
- Provided assistance in the amount of RUB 0.3 million to the Illustrated Books For Blind Children Charitable Fund to assist with production of special illustrated books for blind children;
- Bought an ambulance worth RUB 0.7 million for the Sergiev Posad Orphan Home;
- Provided RUB 2 million for the restoration of wooden churches in north Russia;
- Provided RUB 10.103 million to Transsoyuz Rail Transport Promotion Charitable Foundation for the implementation of the Book of Good Deeds charity programme.
The main activities carried out by the Fund in 2011:
- Provided financial assistance for renewal of the Resurrection New Jerusalem Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church;
- Reconstructed the Temple of the Theodorian Icon of Our Lady in St. Petersburg near the Moscow A stopping point for trains. Railway stations are called operation points because they divide the track into sections, or station-to-station blocks. Major modern stations house different equipment to help locomotives and cars function normally – engine houses, repair houses, car-washing equipment and servicing points. Marshalling yards and loading stations equipped with loading and container sites, with weight-handling equipment and warehouses, are also involved in freight haulage.
A stopping point for trains. Railway stations are called operation points because they divide the track into sections, or station-to-station blocks. Major modern stations house different equipment to help locomotives and cars function normally – engine houses, repair houses, car-washing equipment and servicing points. Marshalling yards and loading stations equipped with loading and container sites, with weight-handling equipment and warehouses, are also involved in freight haulage.
Railway Station and provided artistic illumination for the Cathedral of St. Catherine in Pushkin Town;
- Reconstructed the Agate Rooms at the Tsarskoye Selo State Reserve Museum;
- Funded expensive treatment and care of children in difficult life situations, assisted a children’s hospice and supported the Spread Your Wings Child Welfare Charity Fund;
- Worked with the State Historical Museum on a number of renewal projects associated with the 450th anniversary of the Intercession Cathedral (St. Basil’s Cathedral) in Moscow.